These traditional techniques don’t just have the quality of been aesthetic and eco-friendly. They have lasted long enough to verify their qualities over time and have proven to show other advantages such as;
- Absorbs structural movements
- Withstands thermal cycles
- Repels air / water pollution
- Natural waterproofing capability
- Vapor permeable
- Retains colour over decades
- Ages with character
Due to its breathability, lime finishes vary according to the level of humidity and they shine with time.
Lime’s very high alkaline pH means that mould and fungus cannot grow through it, making it a great alternative to tiles and grout for bathrooms.